It may be a small country, but there is a lot to see in other places.
- There is the fashion heavy city of Antwerp, the historic Bruges with the most visited medieval cities, and the museum rich Charleroi as well as tons of others. Antwerp is the fashion centre of Belgium and a definite stop for the shopper.
It is also ideal to get a hotel here and travel to France in the day because the rates are cheaper and it isn’t that far out of your way. You can spend time there taking in the sites of the historic Bruges area to the museum filled Charleroi area in one day easily.
Everything from the Beer Lovers itinerary to the Outdoorsy types Hiking and Biking itinerary you can find some amazing things to do, already formatted and set up for you to just follow the schedule. Known for their exciting night life and numerous music festivals this is the place to stop if you want to kick up your heels a bit.Don’t fear, if you’re not the partying type that stays up late dancing you can spend your days visiting the;
- Ancient Art Museum where paintings from the former Southern Netherlands represent the bulk of the collection ; which is presented in chronological order so you can enjoy the world of Art from the 16th Century through the 18th Century.
- Visiting the markets is a must for any visitor. Different markets are going on at different times. Markets vary from Antique Markets to Flea Markets and it can be an amazing day of shopping with tons of wonderful finds!
- The history buff in you will enjoy such stops as World War ll sites in Bastogne, which offer guided tours.
- Gourmet areas that offer amazing chocolates, beers, and more!
Basically, a trip to Belgium will amaze you. Somehow they cram so much to do in one of the smallest countries of Europe. Not to mention you can also see the world’s smallest town of Durbuy a quaint and picturesque cobbled street old town.