Paris, within its limits is largely unchanged since 1860 and has an estimated population of 2,193,031, it has been ranked amongst the three most important cities in the world and amongst the first three European cities of the future.
There are numerous trains that stop in Paris and a ton of things to check out whilst your there.
The first place you have to go would be the Louvre.
- It has the largest, most diverse collection of pre-20th century paintings, sculptures, and decorative objects. It houses the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo as well as a load of other famous works.
No first trip to Paris is complete without seeing the Notre Dame Cathedral.
- It is the most beautiful cathedral in all of Europe; with dramatic towers, stained glass, and a view from the top tower make seeing the cathedral a must.
Not to forget the Eiffel Tower.
- It is one of the most popular landmarks in the world. The tower is the tallest building in Paris and is the most-visited paid monument in the world. It stands 324 metres; roughly about the same height as an 81 storey building!
The Musée d’Orsay is close to the Louvre and shows the more modern artwork.
- There are three floors of works from Van Gogh, Manet, and others. The museum building was originally a railway station.
Arc de Triomphe in Paris France
- The Arc de Triomphe is a famous monument in Paris that honours those who fought for France.
Parc Asterix Amusement Park
- Parc Astérix is an amusement park in France, based on the stories of Asterix by Albert Uderzo and René Goscinny. It opened in 1989.
Paris even offers one hour tours of the city by boat ride on the Seine River.
There are a ton more things to do in Paris, but this will definitely get you started.
Link to France